Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 22: Bibimbap, Namsan Tower, BBQ meat buffet

The day started off with the teaching assistant (or class monitor whatever) telling us that lunch is provided today. Today is a Korean Festival Day (self-proclaimed), and bibimbap (비빔밥) is served to all students. Bibimbap, as you can see, consists of rice and vegetables (many kinds) and eggs. It also contains meat (usually chicken, beef or pork) but I believe for the sake of vegetarians and Muslim students, it was omitted. Bibimbap also comes with gochujang sauce (고추장) which is a red sauce that tastes sweet, which wasn't seen in this picture. So... this bibimbap doesn't taste very good. Furthermore, even for a near-herbivore person like me, THIS IS TOO MUCH VEGETABLES!!!


During lunch, some of us discussed and talked about our plans for the evening. Jenny Winnie and Cheryl wanted to head to an underground shopping mall. Oktavia and HyoEun wanted to head to Namsangol Hanok Village + Namsan Tower. I was stuck because 1) I just wasn't into the mood for shopping that day. Actually it's not true because when that underground shopping mall is the best everrrrr. 2) I've been to Namsan Tower before and I just went to Namsangol Hanok Village last weekend!!!! In the end, I decided to join them for dinner and Namsan Tower because Namsan Tower really has one of the most amazing views and the atmosphere is just so cozy.

A picture of me and HyoEun - we found a pretty spot for photo taking!!!

So, dinner was pushed back because we were near the bus stop which fetches us up to Namsan Tower. So we decided to push dinner from 6.30pm to 8pm (after Namsan Tower visit). Well, turned out it was pushed till nearly 9pm by the time we reached.

HyoEun brought us to this meat buffet in Hyehwa, which costs about 9,000KRW (less than 10USD) per person and it is free-flow meat! Okay nothing awesome for me because like I said, I am a near-herbivore person. I was munching on sausages and kimchi the whole time hahaha but if you love meat, this is somewhere you totally should go! I know there are 8,000KRW meat buffet in sinchon too, which I haven't been before, but check it out!!!


Opps, the raw meat looks real gross though. But anyway, till then~!

No comments:

Post a Comment