Sunday, May 11, 2014

Day 31: Last day of school + Luxury Noraebang

I think I should do another post before I head back to Korea tomorrow. I am going back for another 10 days. Don't be jealous though! You can always go there if you want. It's not that easy for me to head back too, I need to work during holidays to save up for the trip (my parents like us to be independent), and it isn't that easy to get approval from them too. I was brought up quite strictly and never have I thought that I would be heading overseas alone until last year when I decided to "fight for my right" to come to SKKU for exchange. But then again, nothing worth it ever comes easy.

So here is a strict view of Daehangno and SKKU where my school is. I am probably queueing for Isaac Toast as I snapped this photo.


This is the kind of games Korean played in class while not paying attention hahah. Because we had finished our presentation the day before, we were not required to be here to listen to the other presentations if we didn't want to. But Jihye was our class representative so she had to be there, and our group decided it is the last time we could have a proper meetup so we came over nonetheless.


Okta brought this over for us. She brought it from Netherlands, and it was really pretty good!


So the girls + HyoEun and Okta decided to go sing Noraebang at a super luxurious noraebang that day. We headed to Edae to do some shopping first, and I see a teeny weeny bit of Singapore in Edae. A Kopitiam cafe that whips out our famous Kaya toast! I've never had it before but I heard it's pretty good like ours. So somewhere you can go if you are missing home.


In Edae, you can see shoe shops like this. Rows and rows of shoes. Although not everything may be cheap, but you can always ask. You can bargain if you buy a few pairs XP


And if you complain about the MRT situation in Singapore. Do note that it is that bad everywhere else too. I have come to treasure our transport system so much especially after Korea trip. Seriously, waiting for an MRT for 5 mins is NOTHING. Our kind of crowdedness is NOTHING compared to the ones in Korea whereby you are literally squashed onto another person's back almost all the time. At least we only experience it during peak hour. That aside, I'm getting very proud that Singaporeans are starting to line up for the MRT, I see that in Taiwan and Korea and always wonder why we don't ever do that. 


HyoEun brought us to a very traditional Korean restaurant, or so it claims. The food was good at 7,000won but honestly it tastes the same to me hahah.


This is the luxury noraebang I'm talking out!!


You use this thing to control your music. You can add "applause" after the song ends hahah.


Hahah I gathered everyone for a photo. This room is kind of huge actually. And we paid a high price for it. Like 25,000won for 2 hours, with no free drinks or anything. Give me Teoheng anytime!!! Plus the room was too big for any cosy feel. It stinked of cigarette smoke too so I don't think it is really luxurious to me.


It was pretty late when we got back to Hyehwa. Like 11.30pm or something. Someone suggested a crazy idea of eating Patbingsu at this hour. And also probably because this rather famous patbingsu store was empty and still open when we walked past it. I wondered did I just experience "rounds" in Korea? Like Round 1 of dinner. Round 2 of noraebang. And round 3 of patbingsu. Is that considered a "round"? 


Blueberry patbingsu and original patbingsu. The berry one sucks hahah but at that timing, they didn't have much choices left. Also, we picked out all the berries and added the red beans because the berries were so sour. We requested for more red beans and surprisingly we got it. Hahah I think usually you have to pay for it but since they had it when they are closing soon (12am) they gave it to us. Yay!


I will update the remaining 15 days when I am back in Korea. And if there is any more interesting things to talk about, I will have 10 more days of adventure. I'm mostly doing the same things I did when I was in Korea then, but I'm heading out to explore Jeonju and Petite France which I didn't have a chance to last time. Hopefully it will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment