Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 26: KBS, Express Bus Terminal Shopping

It was a bright Sunday morning. Okay correction, I saw that the floor seems a little wet, and I remembered it was raining. So it was a gloomy Sunday morning instead. The girls and I decided we have to head to KBS today, and hopefully SBS too.

I love Running Man, I love korean dramas if I do have the time to watch them (my latest was The Heirs, I know I'm super outdated) But of course I do know KBS, SBS, and MBC. Except that I probably don't know which drama is produced by which company, except that Running Man produces SBS. So anyway, we decided to go down to KBS. 


There were quite a few spots in KBS that was open to public. This is cool! The news broadcasting area. If you sit on the news broadcaster's chairs, you can see this screen opposite which is where they look at as they are reading the news. Some other places include the animation dubbing section, whereby you can try recording your voice for a small section. Hahah Cheryl and I had fun dubbing our voices onto the cartoon characters! And yes one of the radio space has glass windows, so you can watch and hear your favourite Korean DJs in action, if you know any of them.



There wasn't that much choices near KBS area, so we decided to settle for Jjimdak, since most of us haven't tried it before, and in addition, it was pouring and the idea of Jjimdak sounds good. Jjimdak - jjim meaning steamed, and dak means chicken. So basically it is a steamed chicken dish, with soy sauce all over. Do note that Jjimdak is usually spicy, though you can specify the level of spiciness you want. We said we wanted the lowest, but it was still spicy after a few mouthfuls. Oh, but it was delicious though!!! 


We rushed to SBS upon hearing that Inkigayo half year special is going to be held that single day we were intending to go there! Although it is highly unlikely we could get a seat. I haven't been to any of the music shows - Inkigayo, M countdown, Music Core, Show Champion before, but if you are interested in heading there, google it and I'm sure there are other blogs about it.

Anyway we reached to find that SBS was like a ghost town. There was practically no one there. No surprise that there weren't many fans because it was already 2pm or so, but the fact that no one even bothered to stop by and take a look kind of shocked us. I was really upset though, because I heard that SHINee and CNBlue will be back for the Inkigayo half year special. SHINee was in Japan for their Japan concert tours the entire period I was there. CNBlue was also doing their promotion in Japan in June, and it was rare that both of them are gathered together but this merciless gate separated me from them. T.T We left after half an hour because there wasn't even any security for us to enquire with.


In an attempt to lift up our moods, we decided to go shoppinggggg~!!! Retail therapy is also the best right? So, we headed to this place called Express Bus Terminal Underground Shopping Mall, also known as Goto Mall. This is the place I highly highly recommend if you want to get your cheap buys (at least 70% of the shops here are relatively cheap) The rows of shops are never ending!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you exit from Express Bus Terminal subway station, you will find yourself in the middle of two such long rows. Either direction (left or right) you cannot see the end of the shopping mall!!!! We attempted to do a quick scan-through of the shops (and not stopping at 80% of the shops) but that alone took us 2 hours. So this is definitely a place where you can easily spend half a day at, if you want to comb the entire area for cheap bargains. And may I add, the clothes here are slightly less repetitive than Edae area, which is also cheap but every other shop is selling the same thing.


I highly recommend Express Bus Terminal Underground shopping. Well, not to say you should neglect Myeongdong or Edae or Dongdaemun if you like. To me, Myeongdong always feels so lively (at night at least) because it is an open-air area. So does Edae, and maybe Dongdaemun. They all have different kinds of atmospheres, but if you have limited time, I would suggest Myeongdong/Edae with Express Bus Terminal. This place is totally a shopping heaven~~!!!!!!!! :) Can't wait to get back there!

No comments:

Post a Comment