Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 14 & 15: Meet-ups

Day 14
I met up with XQ, who was here for travelling after she finished her exchange in China. She was only here for about two weeks I think, and we tried to find time to meet asap, and luckily we did. After lessons ended at 4pm, I got home to wash my laundry. YES, YOU SEE THAT CORRECTLY. Hahah I'm amazed too that I survived well on my own, because I don't do any housework back in Singapore. Well, but not doing (because I'm too lazy) and not knowing how to do are two different things. I always watch while my mum does it, so I do know the basics at least.

So, I rushed to Myeongdong to meet XQ for dinner. Because she (or we) were both feeling meh about Korean food, we decided to have western food. Brought her to Han's Deli (which was my all-time favourite western restaurant in Seoul) and it's my third time at Han's Deli already, in my short 14 days in Korea. And not to mention, it was my 7th time in Myeongdong. Well, because partly because Shan and I went to Myeongdong every single night (also because it was only 15 minutes from our guesthouse) during our 4 days in Seoul. There is just this amazing feeling about Myeongdong that keeps drawing me back somehow, maybe I will talk about it some other time.

XQ was my senior when I went for Freshmen Camp back when I was in Year 1. We seldom have a chance to catch up, so meeting up in Korea was pretty good, and also heartwarming to see an ever-so-familiar face in a foreign land. I think it's also XQ's first time meeting up with a friend (other than her exchange mates) for her long 7 months away from Singapore. A pity the rain kind of dampened our mood, and also I wasn't feeling well that day, so I left shortly after dinner. But it was still a good catch up!

Day 15
The girls wanted to meet up for dinner at Edae. Partly because I wasn't feeling well still, I decided to give this a miss. Jenny and Lydia brought Okta along though to meet Cheryl and Winnie. I believe they had a good time shopping and eating, and I had my instant noodles for dinner.

It was not too bad for me too in the sense that it was the first time in 15 days I can just sit down and relax and not do anything but just scroll through Facebook etc and wasting time.

---------------------------------------------------

As you can see, I combined both days into one entry. No photos even HAHAH. (Except one with XQ) Kind of because by day 15, I got a bit bored and tired of going out consecutively for two whole weeks. I kind of just wanna rot my life away hahah, and also because the monsoon season in Seoul was arriving and it was irritating to get my feet soaking wet everytime I step out of the room. But thankfully, I started to cherish my very limited days in Korea again and go out more often. But for now, I guess you guys have to bear with this for a bit. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment