Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 1: Plane rides + What's in the luggage.

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. I was planning to update my blog everyday dilligently while in Korea but sadly, I lack the discipline. Also because I realise that my days were so limited there I should just treasure the time. And also because of lessons, I have to sleep early. (Actually most of the time 12-1am, not that early)

So here I am blogging about Day 1 of Korea. It has nothing much to do with Korea yet because Day 1 was just plane rides.

Well, as mentioned previously, it was a transit flight, so together with my best travel partner Shan, we stepped on the 9.20pm flight to KL. There was a 1 hour plus transit in Kuala Lumpur, in their LCCT airport, please please please prepare something for you to kill your time. Even though it was an one-hour transit, it was SO boring there. Literally. There were so little facilities there, probably 2-3 cafes, one currency exchanger, a few duty free stores, one Dunkin' Donuts, that's about it. And yeah many uncomfortable seats that creak. From my knowledge, only AirAsia planes will transit at LCCT, so take note if you are ever taking AirAsia, even if you're not flying to Korea.

And may I add on that my stomach was churning all the way. Something was wrong (maybe nervous? hahah) but my stomach couldn't stop churning despite not eating much, and throughout the 6.5 hours flight to Seoul, I couldn't sleep a wink. Not to mention that I was also hungry after the churning stops. I've been on both AirAsia and Tiger, and to me, Tiger's seats were much comfortable. I have no idea why.

And shall I also list some important items to bring if you were to head to Seoul for quite a while:
- Clothes (But not too much, Korea is a shopping heaven, unless you are not into their style or your size might not fit theirs)
- Usual medicine (Half of the Korean dishes were spicy and the first few days, my stomach wasn't very comfortable because I wasn't used to eating spicy food for EVERY MEAL)
- Umbrella (Their monsoon season is crazy, but then again, you might want to buy an umbrella there, because theirs look really sturdy. Most of my friends have umbrellas that gave way in the rain, but mine was fine 'cause I bought mine in Taiwan which has crazy monsoon rains too!)
- An open mind (Korea has a very different culture from Singapore, and I believe most countries too maybe except Japan. Generally, Koreans are friendly though there are always exceptions.)
- Lots of cash (There is no worry that you will bring more than you need, because somehow somewhat, you can spend it away. Cosmetics, clothes, shoes. I strongly recommend shoes, Korean shoes/heels are the most comfortable I have ever worn.)

No comments:

Post a Comment